- This role can be based at any of our Magnox sites across the UK
- £49,412 - £57,380 + Benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Specialist Area
- Procurement, Supply chain
- Job Level
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
About the role
Hear from the Hiring Manager
“The successful candidate will join a small team working on pre and post procurement activities in a programme delivery environment. They will be self-motivated and content to lead a range of commercial activities in the Asset Management and Security programmes. The role is an exciting opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of work; further develop their experience knowledge and career.”
- Identifies and delivers innovative and best value commercial solutions within the Asset Management and Security Enablers programmes
- Competent and experienced in delivery of strategy documents, business cases and other written commercial documentation
- Manages and leads both Pre and Post commercial and supply chain activities within allocated category of Asset Management and Security Enablers
- Proactively manages agreements and relationships with suppliers; actively promotes, raises awareness and seeks feedback on agreements within the company
- Ensures that their allocated category of work remain compliant with procurement policies and procedures
- Supports colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, advice and task instruction
Qualifications & Experience
- Educational attainment to a minimum of HND-level or equivalent (Essential)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of a variety of commercial activities (Essential)
- Knowledge of best practice Procurement principles and methodologies (Essential)
- Knowledge of relevant Contract Law and commercial legislation (Essential)
- Knowledge of European procurement legislation (Essential)
- Understanding of principles of commercial risk management (Essential)
- Understanding of principles of project management (Essential)
- Membership of relevant institute or body e.g. CIPS (Desirable)
- Experience of PCR 2015 and public sector procurement (Desirable)
Please note this role can be based at any of our Magnox sites, and you will be required to work from your chosen location a minimum of 2 days per week.
- Magnox staff should refer to the document titled “Spot Point v Grade alignment” available on SharePoint for more information on how the grade structure aligns to Spot Points.
- Flexible working – where possible.
- Equivalent of 25 days (185 hours) annual leave plus Public Holidays (59.2 hours per year) - option to buy or sell up to one week each year.
- Flexible benefits scheme – including cycle to work and reduced gym membership fees.
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme (up to £5,500 per annum based on corporate objectives).
- Employee Assistance Programme including 24-hour telephone support & personal assistance service and access to an online wellbeing App.
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount.
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development.
- We have various different employee networks supporting our inclusion, diversity and wellbeing mission at Magnox.
Please be aware this role holder requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance.
There is a requirement to live within a commutable distance to the sites where the role is based. For central/multi-site roles, we have various hubs across the UK and can be flexible with base location.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Magnox is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and is responsible for safely decommissioning 12 first-generation nuclear sites and operating one hydro-electric power station.
While decommissioning is the current task at hand, Magnox is also working hard to future-proof the organisation by investing in its workforce, assets, communities, sites and surrounding landscapes to ensure it leaves a sustainable nuclear legacy.
With safety at the heart of all activities, Magnox continuously strives to prevent incident or harm to its people, plant and the environment. Frequent and thorough briefings and safety campaigns, such as Target Zero, ensure the workforce is well equipped to undertake work safely and to model safe behaviours.
Magnox also strives to be a supportive and inclusive workplace, where protecting the mental health and wellbeing of its workforce is every bit as important as maintaining a strong safety record. Employee networks, mental health first aiders, a strong focus on wellbeing and a comprehensive equality, diversity and inclusion programme all work towards this goal.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert