Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
About the role
Hear from the Hiring Manager
“The successful candidate will join a small team working on pre and post procurement activities. They will be self-motivated working on commercial activities in the Asset Management programme. The role is an exciting opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of work with potential to further develop their experience and knowledge in both procurement and contract management fields.”
- Carries out supply chain tasks within own agreed work portfolio activities and meets a range of defined targets. Activities carried out would include: sourcing of suppliers, obtaining specifications, participating in the tendering process, awarding of low value/low risk contracts
- Provides clear and accurate professional advice on supply chain / commercial matters to internal customers and suppliers
- Establishes and maintains effective communication that enhances relationships with all customers (internal and external)
- Uses the company procurement systems to operate the procurement process
- Carries out supply chain tasks and manages sub-contract management activities within own agreed work
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work activities
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
- Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to A Level or equivalent as a minimum (Essential)
- Willing to attain an appropriate commercial qualification (Essential)
- Membership or qualification of a relevant Institute or Body, e.g. CIPS, RICS, ICM, APM, ICSA (Desirable)
- Experience of commercial input into commercial requirements in project-based environments (Essential)
- Ability to operate manual and electronic systems and databases (Essential)
- Understanding of commercial principles and methodologies (Essential)
- Knowledge of the global marketplace (Desirable)
- Understanding of Contract Law and commercial legislation (Desirable)
- Understanding of the principles of commercial risk management (Desirable)
- Understanding of the principles of project management (Desirable)
Please note this role can be based at any of our Magnox sites, and you will be required to work from your chosen location a minimum of 2 days per week.
- Magnox staff should refer to the document titled “Spot Point v Grade alignment” available on SharePoint for more information on how the grade structure aligns to Spot Points.
- Flexible working – where possible.
- Equivalent of 25 days (185 hours) annual leave plus Public Holidays (59.2 hours per year) - option to buy or sell up to one week each year.
- Flexible benefits scheme – including cycle to work and reduced gym membership fees.
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme (up to £5,500 per annum based on corporate objectives).
- Employee Assistance Programme including 24-hour telephone support & personal assistance service and access to an online wellbeing App.
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount.
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development.
- We have various different employee networks supporting our inclusion, diversity and wellbeing mission at Magnox.
Please be aware this role holder requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance.
There is a requirement to live within a commutable distance to the sites where the role is based. For central/multi-site roles, we have various hubs across the UK and can be flexible with base location.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.