** Exciting new Procurement Category Lead Position in Leading Specialty Insurer **
Procurement Category Lead - Leading Insurer - £650-£700 per day - London based - interim 6 month contract
My client is a leader in the financial services industry, operating across Insurance, Reinsurance and Capital Partners. They pride themselves in their ability to utilize the most efficient and innovative ideas to deliver solutions. In the role of Procurement Category Lead you would be leading initiatives in other procurement areas and implementing strategic procurement functions.
Role of a Procurement Category Lead:
- Drive and develop all strategic sourcing and commercial activity surrounding third-party engagements and deliver effective risk management services.
- Operate in a proactive role to lead initiatives in other categories and procurement areas in addition to the global category vision.
- Lead the implementation of category strategies to maximize business efficiency and cost synergies.
- Develop appropriate governance framework in alignment with procurement regulatory governance.
- Provide regular progress reports and budget plans to the Head of Procurement and Commercial Services.
To be a successful Procurement Category Lead:
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance on procurement and operational processes.
- Manage vital commercial business terms, trends, performance, and risks.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in procurement and operational processes.
- Establish important relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver ongoing engagement of suppliers whilst managing cost reductions and service improvements.
This is a spectacular opportunity to make a real impact in a leading global insurer as a Procurement category lead through delivering innovative solutions.
If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to be considered, please send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key skills: procurement, Procurement category lead, interim, stakeholders, strategic procurement, risk management, procurement regulatory governance, commercial services, head of procurement.