The new Toyota Corolla offers a choice of two hybrid engines © Toyota
The new Toyota Corolla offers a choice of two hybrid engines © Toyota

Toyota and Panasonic team up to make batteries

23 January 2019

Toyota and Panasonic have formed a joint venture (JV) to supply the fast-growing market for electric vehicle (EV) batteries.

The deal brings together the expertise of one of the world’s largest automakers and battery makers. Toyota will hold a 51% stake in the JV while Panasonic will hold the remaining 49%.

 Want to stay up to date with the news? Sign up to our daily bulletin.

To read the rest of this article you need to sign in:
Don't have an account? Register here


Not a CIPS member? Why not join CIPS to access a full range of benefits, including:

  • Access all areas of the CIPS Knowledge on-line library including tools and templates and Supply Management stories.
  • Enhance your network and get connected to a global community of 120,000 in 150 countries.
  • Stay in touch and up to date through member only events and branch meetings.
  • Annual subscription to Supply Management magazine.
  • 10 per cent discount on all training courses, workshops, seminars and conferences.
  • Up to 15 per cent discount on books from the CIPS book store, including course books and a range of further reading text books.

And much more. Click here to join >

This position can be based at our headquarters in Dover or any one of our overseas offices.
Between £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience
Megger Group
East London
East London Waste Authority
CIPS Knowledge
Find out more with CIPS Knowledge:
  • best practice insights
  • guidance
  • tools and templates