A year ago, we wrote an article that extolled the virtues of using Twitter for work purposes in the world of marketing procurement
It is a great tool for finding information; seeing what opinion holders (and the odd celebrity) have to say and having conversations with colleagues, friends and even people that you haven’t met but are interested in their point of view. As Jacqueline Gold of Ann Summers
said “it’s like having a conversation over the garden fence”, and it is the shortest distance between you and what interests you most.
Last year we provided a list of around 50 twitter accounts to follow. We have been monitoring and following these and other accounts, and have provided an up-to-date list below. This list represents the accounts that we feel will provide you with the best insight into marketing procurement. It covers marketing heads (though surprisingly not many in this position practice what they preach e.g. a growth in using social media as a form of advertising); key industry accounts and industry content providers, as well as marketing procurement heads to follow.
We hope that you find this list useful, and welcome feedback. Why not send us a tweet to let us know?
Marketing heads in organisations
Marketing procurement professionals
- Letty Edwards, marketing director, Fox’s Biscuits - @lettyedwards
- Philippa Snare, chief marketing officer, Microsoft - @fileepa
- Amanda Mackenzie, chief marketing and communications officer, Aviva - @amandamack6
- Justin Cooke, chief marketing officer, Arcadia Group - @jc7777
- Roisin Donnelly, corporate marketing director, Procter & Gamble - @roisinjane
- Andrea Moore, marketing director, Cath Kidston - @missandreamoore
- Peter Markey, chief marking officer, RSA Group -@petermarkey
- Greg Willis, director of marketing operations EMEA, Harley Davidson - @greg_harley
- Scott Morrison, marketing and commercial director, Diesel - @dieselscotti
- Jonathan Mildenhall, VP global creative, Coca-Cola - @mildenhall
☛ Tina Fegent ia a marketing procurement consultant
- Alan Dempsey, global sourcing manager, Adobe - @adempsey1
- Kathryn Derbyshire, global ATL procurement manager, Bacardi Martini - @kathderbyshire
- Malik Akhtar, procurement director, GSK - @malstonbury
- Thomas Holzapfel, global category leader marketing, Deutsche Telekom - @theho
- Richard Woodford, global procurement director, GSK - @richwoodford