The CIPS Supply Management awards are recognised as a global benchmark for procurement excellence and an organisation or individual in the procurement and supply chain professional can achieve.
On Wednesday, 12th September 2018, over a thousand professionals gathered at Grosvenor House in London to celebrate the work and achievements of professionals and organisations over the last 12 months.
Other winners included:
- Barkers - Best Contribution to the Reputation of the Profession
- Ministry of Justice - Best Cross-Functional Teamwork Project
- United Utilities - Best Process Improvement Initiative
- Cornwall Council - Best Public Procurement Project
- Intel - Best Procurement Diversity Initiative
- British Steel (in collaboration with Heraeus Electronite UK) - Best Supplier Relationship Management
- NHS Arden & GEM with NHS England - International Procurement Project
- A14 Integrated Delivery Team - Most Improved Procurement Operation – Start up
- Virgin Atlantic - Most Improved Procurement Operation – Step change
- CBRE GWS - Most Innovative use of Technology
- City of London Corporation - CIPS Young Procurement and Supply Professional of the Year
Hosted by comedian Russell Kane, the evening celebrated the winners and shortlisted entries and was attended by hundreds of professionals in Procurement and Supply Management Chair of Judges and Group Director of CIPS, Cath Hill said,
“Once again, the standard of the award entries and the quality of the procurement projects highlighted were astounding, giving our expert judging panel a really hard task this year.
“Across so many sectors and organisational maturity levels, we have seen activities and projects that are game changing; driving success and innovation and really making a difference to the teams and organisations they serve. Excellence in Procurement and Supply Chain Management is a key organisational differentiator and these awards are testament to how important that is.”
For pictures and more information about the awards go to the website.
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is the world’s largest procurement and supply professional organisation. It is the worldwide centre of excellence on procurement and supply management issues. CIPS has a global community of over 200,000 in 180 different countries, including senior business people, high-ranking civil servants and leading academics. The activities of procurement and supply chain professionals have a major impact on the profitability and efficiency of all types of organisation and CIPS offers corporate solutions packages to improve business profitability.
CIPS press contacts
Trudy Salandiak; CIPS PR Manager; email@example.com; +44 (0) 1780 761576; 07554 400 731